Candelaria10 is situated in an old building of the 19th century with listed parts which has been renovated entirely in 2018. Everything has been rebuilt carefully, especially the balconies and the typical ‘cierros andaluces’ (windows to the patio and to the plaza).
From middle of the historic old town it takes only a fews minutes walk to cathedral, playa, market hall and railway station. Plaza Candelaria has been a monastery in former times: Built in 1567 but demolished in 1873 with the aim to build a public square.
It is surrounded by fine restaurants and numerous shopping facilities. Plaza Candelaria is also home of the famous carnival society „La Peña“, who awards prizes for the best carnival performances. For the rest of the year Plaza Candelaria is famous for his tranquillity and relaxed atmosphere.